Thursday, December 18, 2008

Do You Hear??

My family and I have been going to a wonderful church called
ELEVATION Church and this month to honor the Christmas season our
Pastor, Steven Furtick is doing a 3 week series.
It is called Do you Hear?
I thought it was rather appropriate to add it especially with the
hustle and bustle of the holiday season.

Shopping, office parties, family get together, FOOD, presents and OH LETS not forget the
FOOD!!!

For some it is all about what they are going to get under the tree or getting that certain someone the PERFECT gift.

This series hit home with me as it challenged me to STOP talking to God and start LISTENING to him. It seems all too often we go to GOD and ask him for this or that only to never really stop and listen to what he is asking of us. We expect him to answer our prayers and then get angry or upset when he doesn't answer them according to our will. See what I am learning is GOD does answer my prayers....sometimes what I thought as no response is in actuality my answer.....I never REALLY stopped to LISTEN to him tell me NO.

As Pastor pointed out in last weeks service, we as parents tell our children "no" all the time. We also tell them that the more they ask does not mean they shall receive. Why are we to expect that GOD our Father is any different.

During this holiday season my Husband and I have decided to slow down take a little more time to really talk to one another and listen to each other. Stress will damage any relationship....including your faith. Just STOP and LISTEN...who knows you might hear something you really would have missed otherwise.

If you are interested in hearing this wonderful series by Pastor Furtick check out his podcasts....they are awesome!!
www.elevationchurch.org



No comments:

MY RECENT DESIGNS

These are just a few of my favorite designs!!!